[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Problem debugging Seam apps in Eclipse/JBossIDE

lawrieg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 19 04:51:11 EST 2007

I'm having a problem trying to debug Seam apps in Eclipse (I'm using Eclipse 3.2.1, JBossIDE 2.0.0 Beta2, and JBoss AS 4.0.5 with EJB3 profile). When I set a breakpoint inside any class which uses annotations, and try to debug code, I get the following dialog:

Unable to install breakpoint in
  | com.mydomain.myproject.Converters$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$2b84c6ef
  | due to missing line number attributes. Modify compiler options to generate line number attributes.
  |
  | Reason:
  | Absent Line Number Information

My build.xml has debug on for javac tasks, and I have line numbers turned on in both my global preferences and project specific settings, and my JBoss server is started in debug mode. I can use breakpoints in classes that don't have annotations (i.e. that aren't enhanced by CGLib) - I just can't make it work for classes which are annotated.

Googling hasn't turned up any possible solutions, so I'd be really grateful for some help here... Any ideas???

Thanks,

Lawrie

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4018723#4018723

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4018723