[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: SFSB vs SLSBs for implementing actions in a conversation

chuckadams do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 19 21:16:26 EST 2007

SLSB's work pretty well when everything is passed through request parameters, because the resulting page is always bookmarkable.  Search pages are great with SLSB's.  SFSB's on the other hand are great for wizards and carts, and pretty much anything you would stick into the session.

There's a school of thought that believes you should do everything in stateless beans, but the same school tends to love shoving everything into the HTTP session to compensate.  This always struck me as a giant leap backward ... thankfully Seam came around to make SFSB's cool again, and conversations are, well, the main reason I use Seam.

As for whether to use SFSB's or plain JavaBeans, I expect that when Seam is renamed to EJB4, the distinction between EJBs and POJOs will go away entirely ;)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4019131#4019131

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4019131