[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Installed JbossAS+Portal 2.4.1 Bundle what to convert to

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 20 10:48:41 EST 2007

You do not need both oracle-ds.xml and portal-oracle-ds.xml, one or the other will suffice. I always also download the portal binary because in the 'setup' directory there are a series of *-ds.xml files ready for use with the portal, simply replace the user-name and password entries, and the database name in the connection-url. (I don't use Oracle, but I have used both MySQL and PostgreSQL with the Portal.)

Oh, almost forgot, make sure you copy the JDBC driver jar file for your database to jboss_home/server/xxx/lib, where xxx is the configuration name.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4019417#4019417

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4019417