[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - What should happen if exception occurs in Action?

clandestino_bgd do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 20 11:57:45 EST 2007

If my synchronously invoked action class (on node-enter event) throws exception, I cannot delete particular process instance after that:

[executive] WARN [http-8180-Processor25] JDBCExceptionReporter.logExceptions(71) | SQL Error: 1451, SQLState: 23000
  | [executive] ERROR [http-8180-Processor25] JDBCExceptionReporter.logExceptions(72) | Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key cons
  | traint fails (`executive_db/jbpm_variableinstance`, CONSTRAINT `FK_VARINST_PRCINST` FOREIGN KEY (`PROCESSINSTANCE_`) REFERENCES `jbpm_proces
  | sinstance` (`ID_`))
  | [executive] ERROR [http-8180-Processor25] AbstractFlushingEventListener.performExecutions(301) | Could not synchronize database state with s
  | ession
  | org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: could not delete: [org.jbpm.graph.exe.ProcessInstance#1]
  |         at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:71)
  |         at org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:43)
  |         at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.delete(AbstractEntityPersister.java:2476)
  |         at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.delete(AbstractEntityPersister.java:2632)
  |         at org.hibernate.action.EntityDeleteAction.execute(EntityDeleteAction.java:73)
  |         at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.execute(ActionQueue.java:248)
  |         at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:232)
  |         at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:144)
  |         at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractFlushingEventListener.performExecutions(AbstractFlushingEventListener.java:298)
  |         at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultFlushEventListener.onFlush(DefaultFlushEventListener.java:27)
  |         at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flush(SessionImpl.java:1000)

I have JBPM tables in the same DB as my app tables. They use the same Hibernate session factory.

Any hint?
recommended way to handle runtime exception?
Thanks
Milan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4019447#4019447

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4019447