[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - JSF 1.2 in Seam distribution?

RobJellinghaus do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 20 19:06:46 EST 2007

Hi folks.  I am currently working on integrating the Google Web Toolkit with Seam, by means of the g4jsf-cdk integration kit written by the ajax4jsf guys:

https://ajax4jsf.dev.java.net/nonav/ajax/gwt/gwt-cdk.html

I've made some patches to GWT and to g4jsf to make it easier to access server components from GWT, and now that that's all done I'm finally gluing it all together with Seam.

One of the tricky bits is that g4jsf requires a JSF 1.2 implementation, because it uses the new ActionSource2 interface to allow more flexible EL binding from JSF components.  This obviously means that a fair amount of library shuffling has to be done to get it to work with Seam (I don't actually have it working yet, but I'll be following the instructions in Gavin's sticky post here: https://ajax4jsf.dev.java.net/nonav/ajax/gwt/gwt-cdk.html -- hopefully it'll work!).

So the question is, are there any plans to move up to JSF 1.2 in the Seam distribution?  It doesn't look like myfaces is planning JSF 1.2 compatibility anytime soon... is that the main blocker?  I would really like to submit a GWT-JSF-Seam example that could become part of the Seam distribution, but if there is a JSF 1.2 dependency, that seems like it will be a near impossibility... true?

Cheers,
Rob

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4019617#4019617

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4019617