[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Best practice for deployment: updating database schema

micho do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 21 13:14:04 EST 2007

Hi,

I used the "update " variant in the persistence.xml .
I detected, that som things wont work with this option, for example, uniqueconstrains are not created correctly.

For development the "create-drop" variant works fine.

Deploying the application I have to update the schema in several databases.
Is there a best practice how to do that.

can hibernate create database scripts for the updates?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4020135#4020135

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4020135