[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - JSP setContentType / SetHeader problem...

cliffvalenti do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 21 13:51:52 EST 2007

Hello...We are evaluating a jboss application server (4.0.5.ga), I have a JSP that will not open an excel file from a jboss server (the application works fine on a Jaguar server).  I'm thinking its a server setting or something.

In my jsp I have...

setContentType("application/vnd.ms-excel") ;
setHeader("Content-disposition","attachment;filename=MyFile.xls") ;

When the jsp starts to open I get a message that says "C:\Documents and Settings\temp\MyFile.xls does not exist".

If I change the header to say "setHeader("Content-disposition","attachement;filename=C:\MyFile.xls) then the file opens ok but in a broswer and not in Excel.

>From a Jaguar box (which I want to get rid of) the original open in Excel with no problems.  Any ideas of what I need to do to get this to work ok???

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4020158#4020158

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4020158