[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Clustering / Multicast routing

lludlow2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 21 16:06:30 EST 2007

I am running into an issue with runing multiple clustered instances of Jboss. These are on seperate servers (3 to be exact)

Here is what I am trying to do.

1. Route all multicast via a private network
route add -net 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 dev bond1

2. make a copy of the default server and name it foo.bar.com

3. Use custom start and stop scripts for each instance / site
su -l jboss -c '/apps/jboss/bin/run.sh -c foo.bar.com -b 172.25.1.52 -Djboss.partition.name=foo.bar.com --udp=224.10.10.10 > /dev/null 2> /dev/null &'

This should work. I tested that the default server will start and clustering works (needed to set the bind_addr for multicast).

However when I start the servers they do not see each other as cluster members. I have done a tcpdump and do see traffic from both nodes over bond1

I am curious if there is anyhting special I need to do... did I find a bug..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4020245#4020245

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4020245