[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - eager vs. lazy fetching

eiben do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 22 03:35:59 EST 2007

Hi,

in my entities I defined my joined tables as being lazy; however, if I want to display a lot of detailed information it might be a good idea to retrieve the data using eager fetching. Is there any way to set the fething mode programmatically for certain methods?

In this respect: I have a web-GUI, where the data is retrieved in a servlet and then the presentation is being rendered by a jsp-page using getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher(targetPage).forward(request, response);

Problem: I want to iterate over a list of items and I want to display sub-items as well, unfortunatly those items are not yet fetched (lazy), and since I "redirected" the processing to the jsp-page the entity-manager is no longer available.

Has anyone a solution for this problem?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4020442#4020442

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4020442