[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Conversation @Begin

quilleashm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 22 04:47:43 EST 2007

Hi there,

I have a question about the implementation of @Begin.  At the moment the @Begin is only done AFTER a bean method has completed it's invocation.  Is there any reason why it is done like this rather than beginning the conversation before the method invocation.  The only thing I could think of was if an exception occurs the conversation state would need to be rolled back.

If I do a manual Redirect.execute() in methods which have @Begin(nested = true) then the nested conversation id is not correctly propogated on the redirect as the nested conversation is not begun until after the method completes, by which point the redirect has happened.

Would it be possible to change this behaviour (this also seems more natural to me to begin the conversation before the method), or would this have too many breaking side-effects?

Cheers.

Mike.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4020464#4020464

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4020464