[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: jpdl-3.2.Beta2: how to access variable from task form in

avbentem do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 22 04:54:36 EST 2007

"cdart_rrr" wrote : looks to be a bug in org.jbpm.jpdl.xml.JpdlXmlReader in resolveTransitionDestination() (l 805 of my version of 3.2beta2). It tries to get the expression from the text of  element - if null it then goes to try to get it from the expression attribute. Only trouble is the text is returned from getTextTrim() as "" rather than null so you never get to look at the attribute.
Ok, it's even a bit more sophisticated. In the current version 1.7 (committed February 7th) yet another attribute is taken into account: attribute decision on the element transition. I did not know that! In fact, this has been like this since earlier versions. Your bug is now at line 745; http://fisheye.jboss.com/browse/JBPM/jbpm.3In /jpdl/jar/src/main/java/org/jbpm/jpdl/xml/JpdlXmlReader.java?r=1.7
739 String condition = transitionElement.attributeValue("condition");
  | 740 if (condition==null) {
  | 741   Element conditionElement = transitionElement.element("condition");
  | 742   if (conditionElement!=null) {
  | 743     condition = conditionElement.getTextTrim();
  | 744     // for backwards compatibility
  | 745     if (condition==null) {
  | 746       condition = conditionElement.attributeValue("expression");
  | 747     }
  | 748   }
  | 749 }
Note that fixing this (or when using the element text rather than an attribute) will get the expression into the database, but then one still needs the additional check for isEmpty(), as explained in my earlier post, to actually evaluate the expression at runtime.
"cdart_rrr" wrote : Is cvs still there? (I noted your comment above about wrong cvs details).Right now, while writing this, I'm having no trouble connecting to :pserver:anonymous:@anoncvs.forge.jboss.com:/cvsroot/jbpm

Arjan.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4020465#4020465

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4020465