[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - HQL and enum constants

alexg79 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 22 07:11:34 EST 2007

According to the Hibernate manual, it is possible to use public static final constants directly in HQL queries.
Why then can I not use enums there as well?
I tried

  | SELECT DISTINCT m FROM Material m, IN(m.suppliers) s WHERE m.unit <> Material.MaterialUnit.SQUARE_METRES AND s.id = :id

and variations like "MaterialUnit.SQUARE_METRES" and the fully qualified name, but they all produce the same error message on deployment:
anonymous wrote :
  | 13:55:36,982 ERROR [SessionFactoryImpl] Error in named query: Material.nonCuttables
  | org.hibernate.hql.ast.QuerySyntaxException: Invalid path: 'null.MaterialUnit.SQUARE_METRES' [SELECT DISTINCT m FROM fi.karico.etikettu.domain.Material m, IN(m.suppliers) s WHERE m.unit <> Material.MaterialUnit.SQUARE_METRES AND s.id = :id]

The same works fine if I just input the enum as a parameter:

  | SELECT DISTINCT m FROM Material m, IN(m.suppliers) s WHERE m.unit <> :m2unit AND s.id = :id

What am I doing wrong?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4020510#4020510

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4020510