[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: Number of webcontainer threads and connection pools used

Sonali@123 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 22 15:12:28 EST 2007

Hi Peter,

Thanks once again, this was really what I was looking for.

jboss.jca:service=ManagedConnectionPool,name=bloomDataSource
                                               Type                      Access    Value
MinSize 			 int 		RW	5
MaxConnectionsInUseCount 	long 		R 	7
MaxSize 			int  		RW 	100
InUseConnectionCount 	long 	                R              0

I have a question for you, in the above metrics which were displayed for the datasource on JMX console, is there anything wrong in the way I interpret the metrics.

a. Datasource min and max number of connection is set to 5 and 100 Respectively.
b. MaxConnectionsInUseCount= no. of connections in the pool
c. InUseConnectionCount = no. of connections in use at present.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

In the threads too I have a similar question, does the current threads buzy indicated "the number of threads that are being used" and the currentThreadCount indicates "number of threads in pool", am I right?

jboss.web:name=http-0.0.0.0-8080,type=ThreadPool

minSpareThreads   		int 	RW	4
currentThreadsBusy 		int 	R 	2
currentThreadCount 		int 	R 	9
maxSpareThreads 		int 	RW   	50
maxThreads 	                 int 	RW           250

I would be very glad if you can clear my concepts.

Thanks,
Sonali

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4020786#4020786

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4020786