[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Pooling in Buddy Replication

@jb0ss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 23 03:46:02 EST 2007

Thanks Manik for your response!
But I could not find this happening in my case.

Let me explain
Now my scenario is that - I have four nodes on my machine (four multiple instances on my machine)
node1 and node2 --> pool1
node3 and node4 --> pool2
C:\jboss-4.0.5.GA\server\node4\deploy\tc5-cluster.sar\META-INF\jboss-service.xml -- This is the file which I changed

I deployed the  application war on all the nodes.

I have Apache+mod_jk configured for my jboss. I am calling my application now in the browser.

http://localhost/OnlineShopping - I click on submit to log in

It gives me a URL like this

http://localhost/OnlineShopping/login.do;jsessionid=wdlhqzxNG1lDE56xWLSzaA**.node2

And I assume that my request was served by node2

Now I stop node2 after doing some shopping and there is data in the session
APP is working fine here.

Now I stop node1
APP is working fine  -- But Application has not failed because node1 and node2 were from pool1.

It seems here that application has data backed up on node3 and node4 (which are from pool2)

because when I stop now node3

My Application is still running fine. I can continue shopping and data is successfully retrievable from session and so on

It does not FAIL.

Now I don't understand why it does not fail?
What is the meaning of pool-names here by naming pool1 for node1 and node2
and pool2 for node3 and node4.

Can you please explain/suggest more?

Thanks
Vishal