[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - EJB 3.0 Informix Sequences Jboss

bayerwald do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 23 10:07:58 EST 2007

Hello!

I try to EJB3.0 Jboss and informix sequences to work. If I try to deploy my Entity Bean I get an error telling me that my sequence does not exists.

The first step was to find out how Jboss/Hibernate finds my sequences so I turned on SQL logging on the serverside. The Query JBoss/Hibernate started was:

select tabname, tabtype, owner, tabid from informix.systables where tabtype in
('T') and tabname like 'lagerbestaende_seq' and owner like '%'

This Query does not find my sequence because it is wrong!

I modified it (replaced tabtype T by tabtype Q) and got the expected result:
tabname  lagerbestaende_seq
tabtype  Q
owner    informix
tabid    415

The second step was to find out how this query is created. I downloaded Hibernate and searched the sources. In ./src/org/hibernate/tool/hbm2ddl/DatabaseMetadata.java there is a method initSequences() that calls dialect.getQuerySequencesString() but in InformixDialect.java there is no getQuerySequencesString() method defined. I think this causes my problems. There should be a getQuery...() Method delivering a
SELECT statement like this:

select tabname, tabtype, owner, tabid
from systables
where tabtype in ('Q')