[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: beginner can't figure out how to change URL from home.se

fernando_jmt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 23 11:09:07 EST 2007

This is not a Seam stuff, but I'll give you some hints to figure out (maybe you should read more about JSF ).

It depends what you have configured in your web.xml.

By instance, if you are using facelets, you should have this:

  |  <context-param>
  |         <param-name>javax.faces.DEFAULT_SUFFIX</param-name>
  |         <param-value>.xhtml</param-value>
  |     </context-param>

Now, the Faces Servlet is configured to use *.seam  whether you have this:

  | <servlet-mapping>
  |         <servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>
  |         <url-pattern>*.seam</url-pattern>
  |     </servlet-mapping>

This means when you write a page like home.xhtml in your app. and in the browser you type: http://domain/helloworld/home.seam
This will open the JSF managed view for home.xhtml.

So, if you wanna change .seam to .html , you should change:

  | <servlet-mapping>
  |         <servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>
  |         <url-pattern>*.html</url-pattern>
  |     </servlet-mapping>

Then all *.html extensions will call the respective .xhtml JSF managed view.

HTH.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4021167#4021167

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4021167