[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Running the booking example on JBoss with the JSF 1.2 RI

tonylmai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 24 00:12:46 EST 2007

I downloaded and unzipped 5.0Beta1 in hoping to run a demo deployed in a JBoss AS that is compatible with JSF 1.2.

After running seam-gen for a new project for AS 5.0, I ran the build.xml provided by seam-gen. It deployed a seam-booking.ear (directory) and a seam-booking-dev-ds.xml into the D:\JBoss\jboss-5.0.0.Beta1\server\default\deploy directory.

Guess what! JBoss did not auto deploy this app at all. Has thing changed since 4.0? Where can I pick up documents about 5.0?

In desperation, I downloaded the new seam-booking-demo.zip which contains a jboss-seam-booking.ear and a booking-ds.xml. I dropped them in the D:\JBoss\jboss-5.0.0.Beta1\server\default\deploy directory. No action from the server. Nothing got deployed.

I looked in the D:\JBoss\jboss-5.0.0.Beta1\server\default\conf\jboss-service.xml in hoping to find a "DeploymentScanner". Found none.

I have been trying to convert an old project to JSF and Seam. Getting no luck with one version of JBoss AS to another. Pretty discouraging. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4021504#4021504

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4021504