[jboss-user] [Remoting] - server bind address - documentation

mazz@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Feb 25 09:33:32 EST 2007

On the documentation page describing how the server invoker binds to its server address - section 5.4.3 at http://labs.jboss.com/portal/jbossremoting/docs/guide/ch05.html it says:

anonymous wrote : If the serverBindAddress property is set, it will be used for binding. If the serverBindAddress is not set, but the clientConnectAddress property is set, the server invoker will bind to local host address. If neither the serverBindAddress nor the clientConnectAddress properties are set, then will try to bind to the host specified within the InvokerLocator. If the host value of the InvokerLocator is also not set, will bind to local host.

When serverBindAddress is not set but clientConnectAddress is, "the server invoker will bind to the local host address".

Is that true?  Do I read that right  - if only clientConnectAddress is given, it will actually bind to the locahost? (what does this mean when it says "the local host address")?  That doesn't seem right.  If I don't provide a serverBindAddress, then it should automatically assume the host within the InvokerLocater URL should be the one I bind to.

I assume this is a mistake in the documentation - I actually haven't tested what "really" happens, but just reading it seems like its either a wrong way to implement this or its just an error in the docs.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4021973#4021973

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4021973