[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - If you encounter a CMS bug that is a showstopper - Workaroun

jboss@biancashouse.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 27 02:01:55 EST 2007

After a short while, my Oracle 9i JBoss Portal stops allowing me to create or change CMS items. (I submitted JIRAs). The DB tables get into an inconsistence state I suspect.

Luckily the CMS Portlet's export folder function still works.
So I'm able to export my complete content tree to a zip.
Then I can delete all the JBP_CMS_* tables and restart my portal.
Next I use CMS Admin to upload the archive, and I move the folders
back to where they originally were.

Seems to work, with one problem encountered:

    CMS upload does not like uploading gifs', because it can't work out their size. So eliminate any from your zip before doing the upload.

So until the CMS becomes bullet proof, I hope this helps...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4022877#4022877

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4022877