[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Connection between servers through JNDI?

Clarich do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 28 03:02:20 EST 2007

Hi,
I wonder why this jira issue (http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBREM-534) has been closed. Is it fixed already? I am using Remoting Versions 2.0.0 CR1 and 2.0.0 GA. And I have exactly the problem, that when killing a server and restarting it afterwards with another protocol (I tried socket, multiplex, sslsocket and sslmultiplex) it fails to receive an incoming connection (I guess it's a heartbeat from the JNDI trying to reach the old protocol) and after a while shuts down itself.

The method which I use to connect my Server with the JNDI looks as follows:

  | private JNDIDetector detector;
  |
  | public void setupConnection(int port, String host) throws Exception {
  |
  | MBeanServer server = MBeanServerFactory.createMBeanServer();
  |
  | 		detector = new JNDIDetector();
  | 		detector.setPort(port);
  | 		detector.setHost(host);
  | 		ObjectName name = new ObjectName("remoting:type=JNDIDetector");
  |
  | 		server.registerMBean(detector, name);
  | 		detector.start();
  | }

Anyway, I found a workaround, that runs for my Application. But this requires to set the Clean Detection Number to zero:

  | private JNDIDetector detector;
  |
  | public void setupConnection(int port, String host) throws Exception {
  | MBeanServer server = MBeanServerFactory.createMBeanServer();
  |
  | 		detector = new JNDIDetector();
  | 		detector.setPort(port);
  | 		detector.setHost(host);
  | 		detector.setCleanDetectionNumber(0);
  | 		ObjectName name = new ObjectName("remoting:type=JNDIDetector");
  | 		detector.preRegister(server, name);
  |
  | 		detector.start();
  | 		server.registerMBean(detector, name);
  | 		detector.forceDetection();
  | }

I guess this is not the way a JNDI connection should be build up?! And if this is a Bug, shall I open a new jira issue?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4023519#4023519

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4023519