[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Resource not available error when one of the server nodes is

ragini do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 28 05:05:05 EST 2007

Hi,

I have configured jboss[4.0.2] clustering between 2 nodes node1 and node2. I am using sticky session and apache server2.2 is installed and is configured for load balancing. Due to sticky sessions the request are handled by only one node at a time. So when ever the node serving request is crashed/shutdown ideally request should be failed over to other node immediately. But this is not working still the request is sent to the node which is failed and on browser resource not available error is displayed.

After few seconds when the node shutting down is completely down when the page is refreshed the request is sent to the alive node.

The configuration in worker.properties is as follows:

# workers.properties
#

# Define the first node...
worker.node1.port=8109
worker.node1.host=localhost
worker.node1.type=ajp13
worker.node1.lbfactor=1
worker.node1.local_worker=1
worker.node1.cachesize=10
worker.node1.redirect= node2

# ...and the second node.
worker.node2.port=8209
worker.node2.host=localhost
worker.node2.type=ajp13
worker.node2.lbfactor=1
worker.node2.local_worker=1
worker.node2.cachesize=10
worker.node2.redirect=node1

# Now we define the load-balancing behaviour
worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
worker.loadbalancer.balanced_workers=node1, node2
worker.loadbalancer.sticky_session=0
worker.loadbalancer.local_worker_only=1
worker.list=loadbalancer

can some one please resolve this issue? Or provide some useful information on this problem.

Thanks & Regards,
Ragini

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4023551#4023551

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4023551