[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Shared Jar files in RAR and WAR

weston.price@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 28 07:57:44 EST 2007

anonymous wrote :
  | Due to some requirement restrictions, the web application and the connector are packaged seperately - they cannot be packaged into a single EAR . Also these components needs to be self-contained, ie all the dependent JAR files need to be packaged inside these components and cannot be placed in the Server's classpath .

This is fine. The classes from the RAR file will still be available to the WAR deployement without having to re-package them with the WAR.

anonymous wrote :
  | Since the RAR and the WAR code uses the ConenctionFactory I need to place the Connector JAR file inside both the RAR and the WAR.
  | Since the classloaders for RAR and the WAR are different I get a ClassCastException when I lookup the ConnectionFactory in the Web Application.

The reason for the CCE is that you are including the classes in *both* deployments. Remove these classes from the WAR. See above.

anonymous wrote :
  | For the connector and the web application to be run on the Weblogic App. Server I can keep the Connector JAR file (containing the ConnectionFactory implementation) in both the RAR file and the JAR file and also set the
  | <enable-global-access-to-classes>true</enable-global-access-to-classes> in weblogic-ra.xml.

Effectively, this is accomplished in JBoss without having to specify anything beyond the defaults.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4023622#4023622

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4023622