[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Usage of LastResource Inteface leads to warning

ypsilon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 28 09:38:04 EST 2007

"weston.price at jboss.com" wrote : The message is indeed *normal* in the sense that it is simply warning about the use of a LocalResource in the context of a Global transaction. While JBoss does indeed support this via the Last Resource gambit, it is never really a good idea to use this if the underlying ResourceManager provides an XA aware implementation being that recovery can be comprimised as a result.

ok. So it means somehting like: "Watch out! What you are doing is not optimal but we will do the job for you."

"weston.price at jboss.com" wrote :
  | Note, an excellent resource on Java and Transaction Processing in general is the book 'Java Transaction Processing' by Mark Little et al.
  |
  | http://www.amazon.com/Java-Transaction-Processing-Implementation-Professional/dp/013035290X/sr=8-1/qid=1172671825/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-0987687-3710018?ie=UTF8&s=books

;-) I read your recommendation on that earlier this day in some other thread. The order is already placed, so hopefully I have something more to dig in tomorrow!

Have a nice day...

PeeR

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4023715#4023715

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4023715