[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: How to store username/password in the session in login.j

rabbuhl do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 28 11:47:39 EST 2007

I added a savelogin java class to a jar file and installed it in jbportal\server\default\deploy\jboss-portal.sar\lib

I changed login.jsp so the form calls savelogin:
         <form method="POST" action="<%= response.encodeURL("savelogin") %>" name="loginform" id="loginForm">

I updated portal-server.war\WEB-INF\web.xml and added these lines:
   <!-- The portal servlet is the main entrance point -->

      <servlet-name>savelogin</servlet-name>
      <servlet-class>com.mycompany.login.savelogin</servlet-class>
      <load-on-startup>0</load-on-startup>

   <!-- Provide access to login -->
   <servlet-mapping>
      <servlet-name>savelogin</servlet-name>
      <url-pattern>/savelogin/*</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>

When I access the login page login.jsp and enter a username/password it tries to access this URL http://localhost:8080/portal/auth/portal/default/default/savelogin
and then re-displays the login.jsp page.

I am not sure how to put the correct URL in login.jsp which invokes the URL in web.xml to access the savelogin servlet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4023808#4023808

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4023808