[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Two basic questions from a new potential user

wjscott do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 28 19:05:23 EST 2007

Thanks genman, your help is greatly appreciated.

Answer to question 1 is great. I have actually picked up this book now. I think it will be a great resource to getting JBoss implemented for our application.

Regarding your answer to my second question, I am actually more concerned about deploying my app.war file. Tomcat supports hot deploy, but when that happens I lose my sessions with the client. I am trying to determine if JBoss allows me to deploy my app.war without the current users who have established sessions with my old app.war losing their session and being booted to the log in screen as if they have not been authenticated. Currently we have an authentication test on each page that validates that a user has been authenticated. This is stored in a session.

Any ideas anyone?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4024033#4024033

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4024033