[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: wscompile fails to generate artifacts for included xsd

meghanai_99 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 28 20:02:26 EST 2007

I made little progress today. I downloaded branch for JBossAS 4.0.5 and trunk for JBossWS. I built both on my machine by following instructions given here -

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBWSFAQBuildAndInstall

Now when I deploy my hello process I get different exception with more details but same behavior i.e works with 'tns' portType and not 'evt' portType.

  | Caused by: WSDLException: faultCode=INVALID_WSDL: Cannot find output message on
  | operation eventNotice on port type: {http://www.eclipse.org/alf/schema/EventBase
  | /1}ALFServiceFlow:
  |         at org.jboss.ws.tools.wsdl.WSDL11Reader.processOperationOutput(WSDL11Rea
  | der.java:621)
  |         at org.jboss.ws.tools.wsdl.WSDL11Reader.processPortTypeOperations(WSDL11
  | Reader.java:518)
  |         at org.jboss.ws.tools.wsdl.WSDL11Reader.processPortType(WSDL11Reader.jav
  | a:497)
  |         at org.jboss.ws.tools.wsdl.WSDL11Reader.processBinding(WSDL11Reader.java
  | :901)
  |         at org.jboss.ws.tools.wsdl.WSDL11Reader.processPort(WSDL11Reader.java:13
  | 57)
  |         at org.jboss.ws.tools.wsdl.WSDL11Reader.processPorts(WSDL11Reader.java:1
  | 341)
  |         at org.jboss.ws.tools.wsdl.WSDL11Reader.processServices(WSDL11Reader.jav
  | a:1311)
  |         at org.jboss.ws.tools.wsdl.WSDL11Reader.processDefinition(WSDL11Reader.j
  | ava:166)
  |         at org.jboss.ws.tools.wsdl.WSDLDefinitionsFactory.parse(WSDLDefinitionsF
  | actory.java:131)

If you look at the code it happens here

  | private void processOperationOutput(Definition srcWsdl, Operation srcOperation, WSDLInterfaceOperation destOperation, PortType srcPortType) throws WSDLException
  |    {
  |       Output srcOutput = srcOperation.getOutput();
  |       if (srcOutput == null)
  |       {
  |          destOperation.setPattern(Constants.WSDL20_PATTERN_IN_ONLY);
  |          return;
  |       }
  |
  |       Message srcMessage = srcOutput.getMessage();
  |       if (srcMessage == null)
  |          throw new WSDLException(
  |             WSDLException.INVALID_WSDL,
  |             "Cannot find output message on operation " + srcOperation.getName() +
  |                " on port type: "+ srcPortType.getQName()
  |          );

But the odd part is srcOperation.getOutput(); call shouldn't have returned any Output in the first place. My operation 'eventNotice' doesn't have any output. So is the problem in javax.wsdl.Output then?

The class deals with converting 1.1 compliant wsdls to 2.0. May be it needs some setting that I am missing here...I am not familiar with wsdl 2.0

Thanks,
Meghana

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4024049#4024049

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4024049