[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - JDBC Transaction integration

flozanolopez do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 2 10:11:41 EST 2007

Hello,

I'm new to Seam and I'm evaluating JBoss Seam as our next development platform, replacing our chaotic ASP.NET + Spring.NET + NHibernate.

Currently we're happy with doing most of our interactions with the database "ORM"-based, this approach saves time and increases portability and it's arguably more "object-oriented".

But there are a few processes that *must* be done in SQL, in pure JDBC calls. In Spring it's easy to join JDBC and ORM transactions, but I don't know how can achieve this in Seam.

We'll be using SQL Server 2005, which provides a (hopefully) working XADataSource implementation. We also want to use JMS (as a replacement for the crappy MSMQ ), so we'd like to join also these kind of transactions with the PersistenceManager and the pure JDBC ones.

Can I "inject" a DataSource in any Seam-managed bean? or I have to look-up it with JDNI?

Given a DataSource, how can I "join" it with the other (JMS and javax.persistence) transactions?

I guess it's not Seam but JBoss AS the one that does all this, as it's the JTA implementor, but how can I do it with Seam? I'm quite lost... maybe my java knowledge is too much biased to Spring-based solutions, but I *want* to move to Seam as its conversation and jBPM features are exactly what we need... So any help on this would be welcome.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3997264#3997264

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3997264