[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam, EJB3, POJOs, nested one to many relationships

modoc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 2 11:23:12 EST 2007

Yeah, I only thought of that after I made the initial post, it makes sense based on the behavior I'm seeing.  It just doesn't seem right that I should have to define the entire user experience as a single conversation.  I mean what if I need to have multiple conversations to allow multiple browsers/tabs?

I may be spoiled by ATG Repositories, but why can't the persistence code simply fetch the data I need?  It knows what object I'm working with and which object(s) I need.  I guess I don't know enough about EJB3 sessions or something.  I guess that's something I need to research more of and/or take up on the EJB3 forum.

Anyhow, I can't be the only person with a hierarchy of data driving the majority of the user experience like this.  Is the only answer to use a single user-session encompassing long running conversation?  That or EAGER load everything into memory at the beginning (which still leaves me with my bag/indexcolumn issues)?  Obviously I could also replace my nice simple EJB POJOs with "smarter" object that use the entityManager to populate themselves manually as needed, but that seems to be throwing away most of the POJO/annotation/EJB3 goodness.

How have other people solved this type of issue?

Regards,

Modoc

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3997284#3997284

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3997284