[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Clustering supported with 1.01?

clebert.suconic@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 2 19:33:59 EST 2007

anonymous wrote : I hate to feel this stupid but can't find if clustering is supported with the 1.01 version or if that comes with the 1.2 (or does 1.2 add failover and is clustering already supported).

1.0 + Failover = 1.2

We had 1.2.Alpha with clustering support and 1.2.Beta1 with failover.

anonymous wrote : With MQ we are looking at how to implement a clustered environment where a service might depent on a queue or topic. Before doing all kinds of work, we are also looking at bypassing MQ altogether and instead ship our product based on jboss 4.05 with messaging replacing MQ.

We don't have a final clustering version yet. We are working on to get it out on 1.2.

anonymous wrote : With messaging is the provider running on all nodes, or do you need to play with remoting to talk to the one 'master' node? Is there some documentation on this?

The new version will use JGroups to communicate to each other's nodes on the cluster. When a client perform a connectionFactory.create it will be load balanced among different nodes.

At this point if you have multiple-servers they are not part of a cluster hence there is no communication between then. (unless you are using 1.2.Beta/Alpha)

anonymous wrote : Again sorry for the newbie questions, this, for me, new environment is great but sometimes also rather overwhelming :-)

NP... we are here to help :-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3997404#3997404

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3997404