[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam & Maven2

mzeijen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 3 03:17:30 EST 2007

You are completely right that Maven2 isn't perfect and it (or its concept) has its flaws. But I haven't discovered yet that the maven plugins are Buggy.

anonymous wrote :
  | This thread is a good example: Everybody is traing to give a complete list of all dependencies. But I think this is not the right appoach: Rather one should look on which libraries Seam directly depends. This should be put in a repository and have then their dependencies marked in their pom file etc. until we have a complete chain of dependencies.

We wanted to know the complete dependency list because then it is easier to make a dependency graph. With this graph we know which dependencies are directly used by Seam. We need the complete graph to see which  dependencies (direct and indirect) aren't in the Maven repositories. Getting them in the repositories will become a difficult task, though.

You are right that Maven2 is just another tool to not go crazy about. But a lot of people want to use it and to use it with Seam somebody needs to make it work.

anonymous wrote :
  | But if you don't need that feature and you have a working ant build or are familiar with ant then it is hardly worth the trouble to switch.

When the Maven2 support is ready then people won't have a lot of trouble using Seam with Maven2.

anonymous wrote : (BTW: Is there a way to change the scope of a transitive dependency. Many of the libs which are required to deploy a seam app in Tomcat are not required for JBoss etc. So is it possible to build a war for tomcat and one for JBoss which contain different sets of libraries, by switching the profile for example?)

With profiles you should be able to solve this problem. Profiles are pretty powerful ;).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3997462#3997462

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3997462