[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: No concurrent calls on stateful bean!

toni do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 3 11:48:46 EST 2007

Thanks for the reply!

I looked into the documentation and found the following: "Specifies that a stateful component has multiple concurrent clients, and so access to the component must be synchronized. This annotation is not required session scoped components, which are synchronized by default."

However, I have the feeling that also requests to conversational scoped statefull components get serialized, because I can sent several requests simultaneously, but not too many, otherwise I run into an an exception after some time passes.

Is there a default timeout, which we can set in the components.xml for serialized requests to a component? And shouldn't the default be to serialize all requests to a component?

How should be handle simultaneous requests to statefull components? I mean users often click many times onto a link or a button, because they get impatient. How does seam deal with those kind of user requests?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3997614#3997614

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3997614