[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Client proxy problem

tonioc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 3 12:29:43 EST 2007

Strange problem with EJB/Client

My business logic EJB/Stateless Session Bean (EJB 3.0)
1 - Users (Authorization/Authentication/Accounting)
2 - Calculator (add, multiply,etc)
I'm accessing these EJBs with the BusinessDelegate Pattern.

My applications running in a Tomcat in different JVM
     1 - Authentication-Application
Web-Service for authentication  (the war includes users-client.jar)
     2 - Calculator-Application
Web-Service for calculator (add, multiply, etc) (the war includes users-client.jar)

Tomcat includes in it's shared class-loader all jboss-client
libraries needed, so they are common for all applications

When a user wants to call a calculator service he must do:
     1 - Call authentication web-service obtain a ticket
     2 - Call calculator method with the ticket just obtained

The problem is that when the we call de calculator method
internally the application calls the UsersEJB to check that the
ticket is valid, when I call the the Business Delegate I receive
this error:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: isoa.users.bean.UserContext
  |         at $Proxy9.isUserAuthorized(Unknown Source)
  |         at isoa.users.bean.UsersServiceBd$5.run(UsersServiceBd.java:127)
  |         at isoa.commons.bean.AbstractBizDelegate$EjbRun.runWithRetries(AbstractBizDelegate.java:150)
  |         ... 37 more

If I wait 60 seconds or more between the call to obtain the ticket, and
the call to calculator method it works ok !!!!.

What I suppose is that the proxy clients caches UserContext from
the first call (the one I used to obtained the ticket), this UserContext
is loaded by authentication-application class loader.

When the calculator-application calls the authentication-ejb the proxy returns the UserContext that belongs to the authentication-application class loader, and not the UserContext that belongs to the calculator-application class-loader.

I've tested as pure RMI/Client, servlet without web-service (all in one), etc
and in all cases all works ok,

Anybody can give me an idea if I'm totally missing the point, or
something like this is happening, and in that case a way to work it out, without sharing user-client in all my applications.

Thanks in advance
tonio

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3997631#3997631

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3997631