[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: How to unsecure a portal page

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 3 14:14:27 EST 2007

Hmm, this is a fairly unusual request. By default, your portlets should be visible by everyone. That is, as long as you did not specify any security settings in the *-object.xml and portlet-instances.xml files.

Did you create a new portal or are you using default? If you are using default, did you create new pages or add your portlets to the default page?

I will assume you created a new portal. You can try this. In the Management Portlet, select the portal, click on Security, and for Unchecked select viewrecursive.  Do the same for the pages in the portal.  Finally, click on Instances at the top of the Management Portlet, scroll down the list to view one of your portlet instances, click on the instance link (not on the portlet link!) and then click on Security.  Make sure that the role Unchecked is set to view and no other roles are set.  (Wish I could show you all of that visually.)

You can also look at how security is set up for the default portal for hints on how to set up security.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3997671#3997671

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3997671