[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Messaging 1.0.1.SP2: Failed to config client side AOP

rtm333 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 4 05:56:31 EST 2007

Dear All,

I'm experiencing a similar error as has been reported in several threads before ( http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=95941 and
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=97427 ) and is also mentioned in bug
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING-682 .

When trying to invoke TopicConnectionFactory.createTopicConnection();
the remote JMS client catches the RuntimeException: Failed to config client side AOP
while on the server side this error message is printed
 2007-01-04 10:58:43,059 ERROR [org.jboss.jms.server.remoting.JMSWireFormat] in is a class java.net.SocketInputStream
  | 2007-01-04 10:58:43,069 ERROR [org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread] failed to process invocation.
  | java.lang.IllegalStateException: InputStream must be an ObjectInputStream
  |     at org.jboss.jms.server.remoting.JMSWireFormat.read(JMSWireFormat.java:397)
  |     at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.versionedRead(ServerThread.java:422)
  |     at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.processInvocation(ServerThread.java:478)
  |     at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.dorun(ServerThread.java:631)
  |     at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.run(ServerThread.java:293)

We are using JBoss AS 4.0.5.GA (installed from jems-installer-1.2.0.BETA3.jar). The problem did not exist with Messaging 1.0.1.GA (and any earlier version that I have been using over the last nine month). I just recreated the messaging configuration for 1.0.1.SP2 on the server side and updated jboss-messaging-client.jar on the client side and the trouble started.

I gather from the previous posts that this is likely to be a class path issue for jboss-remoting. But even putting the new jboss-messaging-client.jar in the first position on the client side's path does not help. Or would the problem more likely be on the server side?

Actually, I do not understand the workaround and comment in bug 682. Is there a bug or not? Do I have to replace the jar in lib as a workaround (in fact I tried it and it did not help) or not?

Any suggestions welcome.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3997878#3997878

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3997878