[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: jmx-console

cronydude do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 4 10:30:58 EST 2007

Thanks for your response Peter.

The environment I specified in my earlier post is at my work i.e., in client's network.

Once I start the 'all' server, I don't even see the port 8080 open. So I am guessing there might be some issue that is stoping the jmx application from deploying properly.

I noticed the following two issues when I started 'all' server:

--- MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM ---
ObjectName: jboss.cache:service=TomcatClusteringCache
  State: FAILED
  Reason: ChannelException: unable to setup the protocol stack
  I Depend On:
    jboss:service=Naming
    jboss:service=TransactionManager
    jboss.aop:service=AspectDeployer
  Depends On Me:
    jboss.web:service=WebServer

ObjectName: jboss:service=DefaultPartition
  State: FAILED
  Reason: ChannelException: java.lang.Exception: exception caused by UDP.start(): java.net.SocketException: The socket name is not available on this system.
  I Depend On:
    jboss:service=Naming
  Depends On Me:
    jboss:service=HASessionState
    jboss:service=HAJNDI
    jboss.cache:service=InvalidationBridge,type=JavaGroups
    jboss.ha:service=HASingletonDeployer
    jboss:partition=DefaultPartition,service=FarmMember

Does anyone see a hint here?

Thanks,
Crony

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3997939#3997939