[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam and Portal Future

jboss@biancashouse.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 4 19:19:00 EST 2007

I agree with Smithy. Right now it is proving to be just too difficult to work out the right combinations of artifacts to get Seam and Portal and jBPM and Facelets and AJAX etc working together.

Even the JBoss guys have not yet been able to do it !

I also agree with Norman, that Portal does make our life easier, because we can let non-developers get on with building the page structure and adding content items using the Admin and CMS Admin portlets resp. while we concentrate on building the important self-service processes of our web app.

So I have this cunning idea ...

 - use Portal's various admin portlets to build your page structure and content

 - use Seam + Facelets + jBPM + AJAX to render your web pages and dialogues, extracting the page structure and content items from Portal's DB using the Portal (and JCR) APIs. So, in effect, our web app will be driven by the Portal DB.

 - some time later, when a future version of Portal becomes available that fixes our problems, we can move our Seam app towards pure portlets.

So JBoss guys: will v3 of Portal be resolving the above ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3998118#3998118

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3998118