[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam and Portal Future

swestbom do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 5 09:58:21 EST 2007

What is missing from seam applications is independent state maintenance for the various portlets on the page.  We have many applications that we want to bring together under one site.  These sites are all intranet based so the weight isn't as much of an issue (this can be ameliorated to a considerable degree).

Also, where appropriate, we use traditional MVC (Sorry, not yours Gavin) and AJAX within portlets to deal with weight and avoid having to rebuild the whole page when an action is called within a portlet, so it is a hybrid.

I really don't think that portlets are a big pain because I am not using seam to build them, I use that XML crazy other framework that Gavin King loves to take cracks at.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3998276#3998276

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3998276