[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Issue with loading jars - NoClassDefFoundError

cronydude do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 5 12:45:25 EST 2007

Folks,

After successful installation and configuration of JBoss 4.0.5 on AIX 5.1 with JDK 1.4.2, I tried deploying a .ear file that was initailly build for WAS 5.

I saw few errors during the deployment and I believe they are because of in-proper loading of jar files. Sample of exception is as below:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/JDOMException
        at org.grnds.facility.GrndsCommonFacilityBootstrap.getXmlFileSource(GrndsCommonFacilityBootstrap.java:485)
        at org.grnds.facility.GrndsCommonFacilityBootstrap.doSetupConfiguration(GrndsCommonFacilityBootstrap.java:238)
        at org.grnds.facility.GrndsCommonFacilityBootstrap.execute(GrndsCommonFacilityBootstrap.java:158)

I know one way of making the .jar files available to the application is to copy all of them to 'server/lib'. Is there any other way of making this? Do I need to configure something to force the server to add these jars to the CLASSPATH?

Appreciate yout time and help.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3998330#3998330

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3998330