[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - EL enhancements

monkeyden do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 5 13:17:03 EST 2007

Is the "parameterized EL" enhancement only available for action handlers, or can it be used for accessors too?  Suppose I have an entity which has the following field:

STATUS NUMBER(1)

...and there are two possible values for status(0=OK, 1=BAD).  I retrieve a list of these entities within my action and outject it using @DataModel.  Within dataTable, resolve that status number to a String value.

JSF
<h:outputText value="#{loginAction.getStringValue(0)}"/>

Action
public String getStringValue(int code){
  |     if(code == 0 ){
  |         return "OK";
  |     }else{
  |         return "BAD";
  |     }
  | }

I supect that I'm not going to hear what I want to, but it was worth a try.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3998333#3998333

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3998333