[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam portlet with Facelet support

zeroconf do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 6 11:57:05 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm quite new to seam but I need to know if it is possible to do a big project using seam and jboss portal.

I'am playing arround with the seam portal example.

But I don't understand why the following things don't appear in this example like in the "normal" booking example:
- no Facelets support, all views have a .jsp file suffix
- the web.xml file looks quit different

Some more questions:
- how can debugging be enabled in portlet mode ?
- is it possible to use the s:link jsf tag ?

The seam documentation gives me the impression that it should be straight forward to switch a "normal" seam application to a portlet based seam application by just altering the following line in faces-config.xml

  | <lifecycle>
  | <phase-listener>org.jboss.seam.jsf.{Transactional}SeamPhaseListener</phase-listener>
  | </lifecycle>

  | <lifecycle>
  | <phase-listener>org.jboss.seam.jsf.{Transactional}SeamPortletPhaseListener</phase-listener>
  | </lifecycle>

Is there anybody how has experience with developing portlets using seam and might supply me with a small sample seam portlet beside the one wich come with the example from the seam package (including Facelets support)?

I really need to know if it's worth doing further research to prove if seam is ready to build larger portlet applications or if JSR-168 support in seam just means - JSR-168 is supported but it will be quite painfull or impossible to build larger projects.

Please don't take me wrong at this point - I don't want to complain about seam - I just need some more information. As far as I know about seam - I love the elegant way seam supports - and so I'd really appreciate using seam in my next portal project. But the problem with projects - there always is a deadline and I don't want to get stuck in the middle if someone is out there knowing more about seam and jboss portal to let me know that it wouldn't be a good idea to use seam - at least not at the current stage of seam.

Regards
zeroconf

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3998564#3998564

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3998564