[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam portlet with Facelet support

bsmithjj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 6 14:00:43 EST 2007

You should review the discussion here http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=98395

While you can certainly 'do a big project' using Seam or using JBoss Portal, you may find that portlet bridging and issues with stable deployment descriptors and certain API's result in a less-than-productive experience if you use JBoss Portal (in its current form - the 2.0.X series is simpler, stabler).   To me it's more a matter of 'should I use Seam?' or 'should I build my webapp(s) as portlets?'  Given the choice, I would choose Seam + Facelets and ditch the portlets alltogether.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3998586#3998586

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3998586