[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Simple question: finding the client IP address in a sess

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 7 01:53:50 EST 2007

I did that and it works.  That is cool!  I didn't even know about factory elements in components.xml.  I might set them up for other things I need, like looking at HTTP headers (user-agent, etc).  Given that I can traverse maps in EL that should be a piece of cake.

I've been in Servlet-world for a long time so this is quite an adjustment; no more servlets, no more thinking in terms of requests.  But it's so obviously superior, once you get it working.  Getting it working is non-trivial, and answering, "why is this not working" is not obvious until you've worked in it for a while, but it is an amazing thing once it gets going.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3998636#3998636

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3998636