[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam/ICEFaces Integration

djeverson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 7 18:33:45 EST 2007

I am in the process of converting an application from Tomahawk componets to ICEFaces components.  I am running into some issues that I can't not find any resolution to after doing extensive research.

My environment is:  Seam 1.1.0 GA, ICEFaces 1.5.1, JBoss 4.0.5 GA, MyFaces 1.1.4.

I have configured the web.xml and faces-config.xml files to use ICEFaces.

The page that I am having the most difficulty with contains a <ice:panelTabSet> Tab Set with five tabs.  This page is backed by a stateless session bean.  The issues that I am seeing include:

1) When I click on the second tab, after filling in the first tab, I recieve the following stack trace:
ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.PhaseListenerManager] Exception in PhaseListener RENDER_RESPONSE(6) afterPhase
  | java.lang.NullPointerException
  |  at org.jboss.seam.contexts.ServerConversationContext.flush(ServerConversationContext.java:181)
  |  at org.jboss.seam.contexts.Lifecycle.flushAndDestroyContexts(Lifecycle.java:339)
  |  at org.jboss.seam.contexts.Lifecycle.endRequest(Lifecycle.java:242)
  |  at org.jboss.seam.jsf.AbstractSeamPhaseListener.afterRender(AbstractSeamPhaseListener.java:232)
  |  at org.jboss.seam.jsf.SeamPhaseListener.afterPhase(SeamPhaseListener.java:89)
  |  at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.PhaseListenerManager.informPhaseListenersAfter(PhaseListenerManager.java:89)
  |  at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:391)
  |  at com.icesoft.faces.webapp.xmlhttp.BlockingServlet.renderCyclePartial(BlockingServlet.java:453)
  |  at com.icesoft.faces.webapp.xmlhttp.BlockingServlet.receiveUpdates(BlockingServlet.java:421)
  |  at com.icesoft.faces.webapp.xmlhttp.BlockingServlet.service(BlockingServlet.java:277)
  |  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
  |  at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
  |  at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
  |  at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
  | --snipped--

I see that there are several similar posts in the forum.  Some of these posts refer to the issue as a ICEFaces issue.  When I search the ICEFaces forum, I see postings indicating that this is a SEAM issue.  Is it possible to get anything more definitive on this issue?

2) The second major issue that I am having is that on the third tab, I have a <ice:dataTable> Data Table component.  Initially the data table is empty.  The user has fields where they key the values for a new row.  A <ice:commandLink> is used to add the data entered by the user to the data table.  The first row appears to add correctly and displayed correctly in the web application.  However, as the user starts to key the data for the second row and tab among the fields, the row that was previously added disappers and reappears.  Something is getting lost.    I don't know if this issue is related to the first.

3) Can pageflows be used with ICEFaces?

I tried changing the Stateless session bean to a Stateful Session Bean, but this did not have a positive effect.

Any assistance in helping debug and resolve these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3998803#3998803

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3998803