[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - serious problem on sun application server 9.0

Echnaton do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 7 21:10:02 EST 2007

the problem is the automatic instantiation of seam components via @In(create=true).

i reduced it to a minimal test.
2 beans, and a page with a button that invokes a method
the first bean is a slsb with an annotated variable

  | @In(create=true)
  | TestBean test;

and one empty function that returns null

the secon bean is an empty slsb (classname TestBean, @Name("test")). both in the same package.

the actionbean is called by a button on the page. the error vanishes if i remove the @In(create=true) from the variable and the method is invoked.

for not shocking you here are the most important lines of the stacktrace:

  | Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: No object bound to name java:comp/env/Test-ejb/TestBean/local

called here:

  |        at org.jboss.seam.Component.instantiateSessionBean(Component.java:1027)

is it my mistake? is there a workaround? i guess i have to make entrys in the ejb-jar.xml as i had to in the web.xml for the webapp, but if thats it so please tell me what i have to enter. i tried to configure it myself but the error wont go away...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3998813#3998813

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3998813