[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - conversation help needed please

ehung do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 8 03:40:37 EST 2007

Hi

I'm a seam beginner so I might approach the problem in the wrong way. Please correct and help me to solve the problem.

I have a popout class and a builder class that does the following in the click event

PopOut p = new PopOut();
p.begin();
p.....

My question is that how to retrieve the conversation Id of this newly created object.
I need to return the conversation id to the client so that the client can open a new window.
I assume I can do window.open(http.....jsf?conversationId=XXX)
I guess I can't have a joined conversation because a popout can open another popout.
So each popout should exist in its own conversation.

@Name("popout")
@Scope(..CONVERSATION)
public class PopOut {

	@Create