[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Entity not persisting from within a Servlet Filter

brentgfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 9 01:24:54 EST 2007

"sbryzak2" wrote : I agree with Norman.  I'd be inclined to put your business logic into a Seam component and then call that from your filter.  SeamServletFilter is a good example of how to set up the Seam contexts for the request.

I've tried wrapping it in a transaction gathered from a context lookup - but it still doesn't seem to persist the entity.

The more I look at it - the suggestion that I put this into a seam component and call it from the filter seems like the right way to go. Managing it from outside defeats the purpose of using an application framework like seam. Old habits die hard.    ;-)

I appreciate the quick responses.
Thanks again.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3999334#3999334

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3999334