[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Error connecting to ejb3 cluster

rhasselbaum do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 9 09:54:27 EST 2007

Hi all,

I have encountered a similar problem on Ubuntu Edgy. I have a web app that listens for browser connections on port 8345. But apparently, it is binding to the loopback interface because I can only connect via "localhost" on the same machine.

I have tried specifying -Djboss.bind.address=<my_ip_address> at startup, but it does not seem to have any effect. And even if it did work, I need a solution that is DHCP-friendly because this is a development workstation.

Any ideas? For what it's worth, I'm running JBoss under Eclipse/JBoss-IDE, so I am specifying the jboss.bind.address as a VM argument in the launch configuration. I'm passing in other arguments there, too, so I know this technique works with other system properties. Also, I'm not running as root, if that makes any difference.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3999482#3999482

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3999482