[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Inteception on field inherited through generic superclass

dunks80 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 9 11:38:50 EST 2007

JBoss 4.0.5.GA
JBoss AOP 1.5.2.GA load time weaving
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.6.0-b105, mixed mode)

I'm seeing the following unexpected behavior

  | public abstract class A
  | {
  |    @MyFieldAnnotation
  |    protected Object myField;
  | }
  |

  | public abstract class B<Z> extends A
  | {
  | }
  |
  | public class C extends B<Y>
  | {
  | }
  |
  | @InterceptorDef(scope = Scope.PER_VM)
  | @Bind(pointcut = "get(* *->@MyFieldAnnotation)")
  | public class MyFieldInterceptor implements Interceptor
  | {
  | }

When i try to call myField on an instance of C from within a method in C my interceptor is not run. However if I duplicate the annotated field in class B like this...

  | public abstract class A
  | {
  |    @MyFieldAnnotation
  |    protected Object myField;
  | }
  |

  | public abstract class B<Z> extends A
  | {
  |  @MyFieldAnnotation
  |    protected Object myField;
  | }

...then the interceptor works when calling myField from an instance of C. I'm guess that since B is generic some sort of erasure of the annotation is happening. As a work around in the meantime I've just duplicated the annotated field. I just wanted to know whether this issue was known to the developers (if not I'll post it to jira) and whether or not there was some way to get this working without the need to duplicate that field.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3999553#3999553

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3999553