[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: securing a page

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 9 13:11:11 EST 2007

Here is an example, a portal with two pages, and how you would set up two roles such that one role can see both pages, the other can see only one page.

             role1              role2      unchecked
  | PortalA      viewrecursive      view            --
  | page1        ---                view            --

Key points:

* role1 has viewrecursive set at the portal level thus has access to all pages.  No need to set access control on individual pages
* role2 has view access to portal and page1, thus cannot see page 2 (it will not show up in the navigation tabs)
* unchecked is not granted any access rights.  This is important because if, for example. unchecked is granted view rights on page2, then role2 can see page2.  (If a role is not granted specific access to a page, then the access rights granted to the "unchecked" role is used.)

My recommendation however, is to not set any portal access right, and instead set them all at the page level:

             role1           role2      unchecked

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3999583#3999583

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3999583