[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - RMI in cluster environment

bartatamas do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 10 08:11:55 EST 2007

Hi!

I have a problem which is very difficult for me. I have a cluster environment with three nodes. Every node has a local IP and there is a firewall with an IP that is accessible for clients. There are client applications which use the ha-jndi service of the cluster remotely. Without any configuration the server sends one of the local ips back to the client which is absolutely wrong.

When I set the

-Djava.rmi.server.useLocalHostname=false
-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=

parameters in the cluster nodes, every node send back the remote ip which is corrent in this case. But it isn't good for the nodes because if one of the nodes wants to connect to the others then it will also connect to the remote ip.

Can anybody help me how to configure the nodes if I would like that RMI and JNDI work well in both cases. Thank you, Tamas

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3999920#3999920

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3999920